{this is me messing around}
{end of messing around}

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #1!

                                             


What's up, fellow readers? Happy Friday (Or late Thursday, rather)! This is my first shot at the weekly meme Feature & Follow Friday hosted Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Click here or here to learn how to participate!


Now, on to the question: 


Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

Hmm, good question. Now that I think of it, what I read definitely changes with my mood. Right now, for example, it's summer, which means my life is chill, cheerful and, all in all, fun! Lately I've been gravitating towards the light, funny contemporary fiction because of the chillness of my life right now. No need to get my mood dragged down by those heavy, depressing novels, eh? BUT! I'm sure that, in the depths of the Canadian winter, while I'm swamped with projects and exams and math and my life isn't so relaxed, my mood will be quite a bit more down to earth. Then, it'll be time for...drumroll...epic fantasy adventure books! I'm not quite sure why it's this way with me. It just is. 


Thanks a bunch for visiting! 
Link me to your Follow Friday and I will be ecstatic to check out your blog!









17 comments:

  1. ooh i didn't think of it in terms of seasons!
    i totally get this!
    Trish - My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. New follower! A cold winter does seem like a good time for epic fantasy. Good idea!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, stopping by from the hop. New follower.

    Yes, my mood will reflect in my reading habits. What I read will depend on what I'm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to go to old favorites when I'm in a mood.

    New linky follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting answer. I think I kinda do the same thing. New follower via GFC. Our FF is here http://www.awesomesaucebookclub.com/2012/08/ff.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mood doesn't change my reading.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. In summer I usually want fun light reads. Something you can sit at the beach with and relax. Thanks for stopping by today =) I'm following you on twitter now

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower!

    Epic fantasy is definitely great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary! Loved your answer - summer does = light reads :)

    Following back - thanks for stopping by!

    Renee @ Succotash Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! We have similar answers.

    new follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-83.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, hopping through :D Your first follow friday..have a great one. **New Follower via GFC**
    www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great answer. I don't know why my mood doesn't affect my book choice, I just pick the books I like to read. New Follower =] Thanks for sharing and visiting My FF
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answer! I'm a new follower via GFC. You can find my FF at http://madhatterreads.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel the same way! I read based on how I feel. If things are going smooth I usually crave something to shake it up. I'm a new follower.

    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great answer! I'm kind of the same way-- I love light, fluffy books for summer too! :)
    Here's my FF
    new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mood changes with books. A happy book makes me happy and vice versa.
    New Follower.
    Follow back?
    My FF

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...