{this is me messing around}
{end of messing around}

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #1!


Well good morning, lovely readers! I hope everyone's having a wonderful Wednesday so far, oui? Right now I'm giving my first shot ever at "Waiting on Wednesday", a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. It's a weekly event that lets book bloggers share an upcoming release they're super excited for.


So let's get cracking! 
This Week's Choice Is:

Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings, #3)Title: Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings #3)
Author: Jackson Pearce
To Be Released: September 4, 2012
Genre: fantasy


"Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo.

Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality.

When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul."

Oh my gosh, I feel like this is a super obvious choice and that it's so obvious that I would want to read this book that I shouldn't even bother using this book for this meme. I mean, psh, who doesn't want to read this book?


That was completely incoherent, so let's start over!


First of all, if any of y'all haven't read Sisters Red and Sweetly by Jackson Pearce, go! Run off to the library/bookstore, little children! They're both part of Jackson Pearce's fairytale retelling series, with Sisters Red being a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood (except with badass werewolf hunter sisters) and Sweetly being a retelling of Hansel and Gretel (again, with a lot of badass werewolf hunting). They can be read as stand alone retellings, but Pearce actually weaves continuity throughout the books, mainly using the badass werewolf hunting. Can you tell that I really like the badass werewolf hunting? I really do.


So after reading the first two awesome books of Pearce's series, of course I must be jumping out of my pants for Fathomless! It's a retelling of, you guessed it, The Little Mermaid. I'm actually quite interested in mermaid stories and so I'm super excited for this one! Plus, I'm really curious of how Jackson Pearce is going to include the badass werewolf hunting in this one.


So tell me your thoughts! Also, what are you all waiting for this Wednesday?











6 comments:

  1. Great pick for Waiting on Wednesday! I really need to start reading Jackson's books. I love fairytale retellings! I own a copy of Sister's Red so I should start reading it soon.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krystianna: YES, read Sisters Red! It's a great book. And you are very welcome! :)

      Delete
    2. I'll be sure to add it to my tbr next month!

      I thought I'd let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. It's okay if you don't want it. You can find the info on my blog here: The Versatile Blogger Award

      Delete
  2. This does sound really good! I'll be adding it to my tbr list as well. Thanks for stopping by My Neurotic Book Affair. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, and thanks for stopping by mine! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I need to read this! Thanks for the good find!
    I'm following you now - would appreciate a follow in return (from bookblogs): http://cozywritersden.blogspot.ca/

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...